Confessions of a child labour


I was brought with a promise of Education from my parents but my employer cheated and made me work for 14-15 hours a day in his factory, i dont have holidays and have not met my parents since 4 years. I earn a merge Rs.40 per week under the harsh conditions which take a toll on me and if i fall asleep during work hours my employer beats me with steel scale to teach me a lesson i wont forget again. Beating is common and i am often thrashed for small or no mistakes of mine.

My employer treats me badly and i sometimes work on a hungry stomach or wounded hands or legs. Rats used to crawl cockroaches were a plenty i would sleep on floor with pains in my body. Fans were not available during summer  and during winter i would shiver to the cold whether as i didn't have anything to cover myself. I tried to escape from factory but didn't knew how to reach my home, police are hand in glove with my employer, they take bribe and give protection to my employer.

I often question myself as to why i dont have the privileges other 12 year old's enjoy, i dont want to work i want to play with other children, sleep in my mothers arms, talk to my dad, go to movies, enjoy my childhood, i want to do all this but im poor and unworthy is what i answer myself.

This plight is not only mine but 45 other children working at the factory the boy said after being rescued by an NGO which fights against child labor. I will now go to school and study, carry bags, do my home work, and become a big responsible educated man in future smilingly he said. For what happened with me i will see that that doesn't happen with my younger brother and sister he murmured and went away. 

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference has never tried to fall asleep with a mosquito in the room. See the link below for more info.

    #asleep
    www.matreyastudios.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality article with useful information on topics that plenty are interested on.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete